still reposting old stuff :>
I obsess over little things.
99.999% of the problems with this show have nothing to do with the fact that Korra isn’t Aang.
The have to do with the fact that
- Female characters no longer have agency
- Female characters no longer interact with each other
- Female characters (namely Lin and Asami) are being downplayed to shill Mako
- Big issues (like the whole Equalist movement/Korra’s Spirituality) are dropped as soon as the villain starts twirling his mustache.
- Romance is the only inter-character interaction we have and the characters don’t develop on their own
- Korra is a secondary character in her own show and has had her agency stolen by her uncle and father
- Korra has not developed in nine hours of screen time
- Characters are being written out of character for no reason/to advance the plot
- Villains are hamfisted and lack human nuance
- Romance is clumsy and poorly written
- The writers have “violent” and “headstrong” mixed up
- Needless love triangles
- The plot has no urgency and is all over the place
- Abusive relationships are being played for laughs
- Eska has no character outside her incredibly abusive relationship with Bolin
- Desna has no character at all
- The only character that acts in character and in accordance with any reasonable motivation is Varrick. Fucking Varrick
Stop trucking out the “It’s not A:TLA!” argument because nobody wants it to be. There are a hundred things wrong with the show that have nothing to do with the fact that there are different characters on screen.
“what kind of benders (or if they’re a non-bender) do you think your OC’s would be?”
- Annie Mei - My ‘chosen one’ was an obvious choice. Annie’s my dA mascot and her abilities in her own personal story is even more versatile than just bending the four elements!
- Rion - As one of the main characters from TΛB, Rion acts as the grounded and logical type. He’s definitely the sort of person I’d describe as someone who waits and listens and it doesn’t hurt that he’s a total athlete and built like Bolin ;)
- The Princess - The princess is much like Miki: out of control yet always in control. She’s a master at what she does in an unconventional way. As a royal rebel, she’s definitely a difficult flame to tame!
- Fantasia - She’s swift like the wind with her blade. Never the one to strike first, air seemed to be the right choice for this calm and patient and righteous warrior.
- Giza - Giza was influenced by the great white shark. In her story, the entire world is flooded and every one lives in domed cities. So based off of those two things, she already made a choice waterbender. She’s also cold and ruthless to her enemies yet incredibly vulnerable and sympathetic. Her outwardly composed demeanor doesn’t reflect the inner passion she carries for others (as a matter of fact, she’s actually a giant tsundere). I feel like her personality reflects the ocean: calm with the capacity to destroy all.
All characters belong to me
If you have your own character’s and are a fan of AtLA/LoK, you should this too! It was personally a lot of fun for me :D
Out of everything I did for Book 2, I had the most fun designing UnaVaatu.